Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Pink Sunflowers and Cotton Bolls


I finally finished the entry way in a Farmhouse theme.    This is the third wall of the entry......I'll have a link to the other two walls at the end of my post......


I  used cotton bolls  in the vignettes on the other two walls,   so I wanted to use some on this wall too!      To add the cotton bolls,   I made a garland to hang above the mirror using them and pink sunflowers.

Before....................................................................................Now  

What did I do with the big brass deer?  

I let her skip around the corner!  

 I don't know if this is her forever home,  but I like her here for now.


To fill the void that she left.........

 
I filled a old milk can with pink sunflowers.  
  I have a pig sitting by the milk can,   and you can see something peeking around the corner of the left side of the can........


I have a barn owl on the other side of my milk can.
 

To add some balance to the other side of the entry piece,    I have a funeral basket filled with roses.
 

I filled the shelves of my entry piece with other farm animals......


I  scattered a few cotton bolls around........


A vintage can filled with roses sits on one of the top shelves......


Here.s the other top shelf......


I have a rooster,   rose plate,  and cake plate on the other shelves and a candleabra in the center............


And .....of course.....a Farmhouse style vignette isn't complete without a turkey!
 

Here's a peek at what H is working on!    Any idea's as to what he's up to now?    Keep in mind that he has taken the arms off the chairs....lol!

Here's the links to the other walls in the entry that I promised.......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/07/farmhouse-style-vignette.html

and here's the other wall.........http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2017/06/farmhouse-style.html

Can't wait to share what H is up to!

14 comments:

  1. Your place is always gorgeous. Love the way the chairs were redone. You have a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny,
    Your entryway looks so fresh and charming!! I love the farm house accents amidst all your pink and white decor!! Is H making chair planters for all your beautiful flowers and plants?????
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful entry - you are always so creative with your styling of spaces, always coming up with new ways to display your decor. You have inspired me to change my entry cabinet, which has had the same items on it since January.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to guess what Mr. H. is going to do with the chairs. He is going to out a pot of flowers in each one. Can't wait to see what he has in mind. Just love looking at all your pretty things you & Mr. H. comes up with. It just makes my day. xo Lou

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the walls in your entryway. The creams and pinks always make your vignettes so shabby chic and romantic. Love the cuckoo clocks that you painted pink and that big owl you just found on your treasure hunting is perfect. Just wonderful as always. I'm guessing Mr. H is going to make a long bench with all the chairs? Can't wait to find out and see his latest transformation! I know it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink sunflowers are so fun! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty post, Penny. I see glimpses of Franciscan ware in your cupboard. My mom had the apple pattern and my aunt, yours. Perfect with all your pale pink. Grins, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Perfect farmhouse chic! Thanks for sharing on the Friday Frenzy Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all so cute and romantic! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want you to do a video tour of your home. I want to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink sunflowers and cotton bolls. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you decorated with sunflowers and cotton bolls. Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great milk can. I love that little piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sunflowers in the milk can. Great idea for my little porch this fall. Thanks for the inspiration, and sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!