Blog Archive

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Faux Weathered Barn Doors


There is a large opening between the great room and the sun room.
  In the evening,  I draw a curtain across the opening for privacy    I don't think I ever showed you the curtain that I had there before,  but it was just a cream colored drape.   When I saw this weathered barn door curtain on Amazon,   I knew it would be the perfect addition to my farmhouse style decor.


Before I share the curtain with you,   I wanted to show you the lovely pumpkin pillow I ordered.   It arrived yesterday and I was delighted with the colors and quality of the pillow..     It is the creation of Kerryanne who blogs at Shabby Art Boutique.    


Okay,   back to the curtain.   


It looks so realistic!


The TV armoire covers some of the curtain,  but what can you do...lol!   Gotta have the TV!    That's the one draw back to an open living area,   there aren't very many walls to put stuff on.


Chippy.....peely......weathered......just my shabby chic style!


Did you notice that I switched some furniture around?

Before..............................................After  
I moved the wicker lounge to the other side of the love seat for a change


Thank you so much for stopping by.....You're always welcome!





19 comments:

  1. I can't believe how realistic the new curtain looks! Where did you find it, it's amazing. Love the new arrangement.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think this look is beautiful and enjoy all the light decor and sparkle. Found you at Bloggers Pit Stop

    ReplyDelete
  3. That curtain is wonderful! I'm thinking it would make a lovely photography backdrop. Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    That curtain is so perfect there!! It truly looks real!!! What a great addition ot all of your lovely Farm House decor!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding that barndoor to my cart for our bathroom! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks very nice love those faux doors go great with your decor and yes they do remind this farm girl of those doors found on grandpas barn
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The curtain does look amazingly real. It adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazingly real. So does the sheep pillow in the chair. I love the pumpkin pillow. It's a darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Farmer's Market sign. You have such neat things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your decoration is always so beautiful and romantic! I love the pumpkin pillow!!! Thank you for sharing at Sweet Inspiration Link Party

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing curtain. It looks so realistic. Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My, the curtains look so real. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Thanks for sharing at Friday Frenzy Link Party! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look so real! What a unique idea! Thank you for sharing them at Party in Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very clever. Thanks for sharing at the Waste Not Wednesday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The barn doors look great...never would have thought to use them as a decor piece like that...great accent.

    thanks for sharing at reader tip tuesday - look forward to seeing you at this week's party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2017/09/05/reader-tip-tuesday-weeks-craft-recipe-party-2/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pillow looks so lovely on your couch Penny and I'm thrilled that you purchased it. Thank you for supporting handmade artists ♥ Hugs, Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!